We can offer you information, advice and guidance if you are a parent of young blind or partially sighted person.
We organise events and activities that provide visually impaired children access to opportunities and experiences they may otherwise struggle to access. We aim to ensure a variety of suitable activities to cater for all abilities, ages and interests with a mix of sport and cultural events; and we work with mainstream opportunity providers to assess and advise on how they can adapt their opportunity to enable children and young people with sight loss to access a range of opportunities using touch tours, audio described activities/events, meet and greet sessions and use of specialist sports equipment.
Our range of activities, which are open to any family living with sight loss, includes farm visits, sports events in various locations, family picnics, climbing, theatre trips, zoo visits, pantomime, science museum, cookery school, trampolining and water walkers.
Join our Zoom Club membership to be the first to hear about up and coming events and activities.
Contact Sarah O’Rourke, our Family Support Worker, on [email protected] or call 01380 723 682 for a chat and to find out more.
Just some of the exciting things we have planned for 2019/2020, new activities are being added all the time so please check with us to see what's going on in your area or tell us if there are things you're interested in trying.
We can also offer you;
- Access to a variety of social events and groups for families living with sight loss
- Tailored one-to-one sessions for any young blind or partially sighted person and their parents
- Age appropriate everyday living and life skills training
- Technology support for children and young people
- A range of audio library books suitable for all ages
- Zoom Club membership for access to events and activities for children of all ages